Question:
how safe is it to live in Atlanta, for georgia tech students particularly?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
how safe is it to live in Atlanta, for georgia tech students particularly?
Ten answers:
schexneider
2017-01-01 13:30:09 UTC
Georgia Tech Safety
?
2016-10-03 01:13:21 UTC
Where To Live In Atlanta
2015-08-13 18:02:12 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

how safe is it to live in Atlanta, for georgia tech students particularly?

I heard a set of mixed safety opinions toward the city of Atlanta. In general, how do the Atlanta residents enjoy the living? in addition, where do most the georgia tech students live? close to campus? north or south? thank you
asdfasdf
2006-04-03 22:10:00 UTC
I go to tech.

Most tech students live close to campus, although a lot of ga state residents live far away. Home Park, which is 5 mins from Tech, is where a lot of tech students live. It's a safe area. Since the olympics in 1996, the area around tech has been greatly improved and is much safer than before. Email me privately for any more info.
JůnəßůĢ
2006-03-30 23:08:08 UTC
I just would not want to live off I-20.
2006-03-30 12:27:41 UTC
Atlanta is just as safe as any other city...you get the good with the bad. the best thing is just to use your common sense. As for a place to live that is close to GA Tech, and if you do not want to live in GA Tech housing, would probably be in Midtown. There are a lot of students, GA Tech and GA State that live around midtown. I live in midtown and I love it.
flkeysgirl2001
2006-03-29 10:41:41 UTC
My sister has lived in Atlanta for many years. She also went to college there though not at GA Tech. She now works primarily in the evening. From the things I hear from her, I would never go out in Atlanta after the sun goes down. There is a lot of crime, traffic, vandalism, etc. and it doesn't sound too safe to me. Just stay with a group and be aware of your surroundings, and never leave your car unattended, and don't use their public transportation. Good luck.
D.J.
2006-03-29 08:48:34 UTC
i think it's safe, why u have doubts?
2006-03-29 08:47:33 UTC
dont know
Shoddy
2006-03-29 08:49:08 UTC
I have lived in Atlanta all my life, but I am not a student. It is relatively safe, but I have heard a few bad stories about the GA Tech area. Just use common sense, don't leave your car unlocked, don't walk anywhere at night by yourself, carry some mace perhaps. The traffic is the worst part of Atlanta, it is enough to make you crazy.