Question:
What is the coolest thing in Atlanta, Georgia to see?
Dani
2005-12-14 09:31:38 UTC
What is the coolest thing in Atlanta, Georgia to see?
Eight answers:
superflytnt71
2005-12-14 09:53:29 UTC
I always tell people to check out the Big Chicken in Marietta, mostly because people aren't convinced that I'm telling the truth about it.

Stone Mountain is also a good option, but it's not exactly "in town" either.

If you're a Gone With The Wind fan, the Margaret Mitchell House is a good choice.

And if history is your thing, the Atlanta History Center is pretty good.

World of Coke is great if you want to pay money to walk through a giant Coke advertisement. (actually, there is a room that shows Coke commercials through the ages that's kind of interesting)
Anteater
2005-12-14 09:45:00 UTC
Coke and Atlanta Underground are cool but if you go just East of Atlanta, Stone Mountain is the place to go. It's a huge somewhat hemispherical rock with a civil war monument carved into it. They do a cool laser show on it and there's lot's of things to do like ride a gondola to the top, hike, go to the zoo, etc.
Tom
2005-12-16 03:28:23 UTC
The Olympic Park is the coolest thing to see. It's right by the CNN studios and the place that the bomber blew up ... nice to take the kids though, since there are fountains they can step in.
Katrine
2005-12-14 11:18:21 UTC
The biggest aquarium in the world is now open in atlanta. http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Probably the coolest thing to see there right now.
xylophone
2005-12-14 09:59:05 UTC
def. the Coca-Cola Factory.

There's this new shopping complex called Atlanta Station. It's pretty Awesome. It has restaurants and a super nice movie theater.
scottwilkins
2005-12-14 09:39:30 UTC
I thought the Coka-Cola museum was cool last time I was there. Also the underground "Old District" (I don't remember the name, but that's close) right next door to the Coke place.
teraflop
2005-12-14 10:40:35 UTC
Little Five Points. And if you don't get it, go slurp on a soda or take a picture of a chicken.
Baba Ganoush
2005-12-15 21:02:47 UTC
The Cyclorama....a taste of history

The Varsity...a great taste...largest drive-in