Question:
I am visiting Atlanta in May. Where to stay? What to see?
whatzit
2006-03-16 06:40:45 UTC
My husband and I are driving up from Florida, doing the tourist thing. What is a good (safe) area to look for a hotel? Any tips or suggestions for our visit? Any 'must see' places?
Seven answers:
Scotty Doesnt Know
2006-03-16 07:47:41 UTC
The links below will tell you what's going on when you're there.

Have you been to Atlanta before? Check out Stone Mountain, often called the "confederate Mt. Rushmore".

A tour of CNN Center is kinda cool, too. And of course, all the stuff that's there as a result of the 1996 Summer Olympics.

No visit to Atlanta is complete without a stop at the World of Coca Cola.

Consider getting a MARTA (rapid rail transit) pass for getting around town, especially when you're headed into the downtown areas.
kswift25
2006-03-19 13:51:53 UTC
I agree with some of the other suggestions. Definately stay around the Buckhead area. The best places to eat and play are there. There is a great vibe in Buckhead, I loved eating at Dante's and having dessert at the Melting Pot. I also love Front Page News. You have to go to Stone Mountain park and the new Aquarium. I also love The High Museum and the history museum and Emory University. It is a quality museum and recently they have added a ton of artifacts from Egypt. Have a great vacation.
2016-10-15 08:38:19 UTC
I stay in Atlanta and prefer it!! I stay interior the city of Decatur it is large and has countless lovable little shops and is on the element of Midtown Atlanta. I used to stay in Marietta, a suburb approximately 10 minutes up I-seventy 5 North, and it became terrible, very grimy and extra than a number of different crime. places i does not propose you to visit: East element, college Park,Buckhead,Marietta,Dunwoody. The extra north of the fringe you bypass, the nicer the neighborhoods, yet extra costly. something south of the fringe, i'd stay faraway from. I artwork in Sandy Springs and it variety of feels to be an extremely relatives oriented section, and extremely sparkling. The worst area approximately Atlanta is the site visitors; no count the place you reside or what time of day,there is often going to be a topic with site visitors.
jchancebbc
2006-03-16 06:56:29 UTC
Lots to see and do in Atlanta. Coca Cola museum, CNN has a tour and the zoo is pretty incredible. As far as hotels it really depends on what you like. All prices and varieties. If you have a chain you like chances are that there is one in Atlanta from cheap to "Oh my God, How much?!" I only suggest that you do not stay near the airport. Very noisy day and night.
sftrips
2006-03-16 07:57:57 UTC
Stay any where in the Buckhead area. It's a neat area. I liked the Hyatt Hotel @ Buckhead. While you're there, go eat at Eatzi's. It's like a little market. They have the most amazing salad and sandwiches....
wondering
2006-03-16 10:59:20 UTC
Obviously the CNN studio is a must-see.

Also Atlanta just opened the largest aquarium in the country (even bigger than Monterey).

Try real Southern food at H&H, just outside of Atlanta.
ant_nek
2006-03-16 06:47:38 UTC
Well have been to ATL twice and it's fun,exciting,etc.. (you get the picture). Well I stayed at the Waldorf of Willington Hotel or something like that. It was 60 to 80 something dollars a night but i didn't pay my brother did. We went to the Perimeter Mall. And to a place CALLED Riche's it was fun and we ate at the Ryan's. It's fun but be careful and we went to the Club called Visions. HAVE FUN!!!!