Question:
Anyone been to Stone Mountain Park in Georgia?
flkeysgirl2001
2006-03-17 10:18:25 UTC
What did you think? Is it worth seeing? Thanks!
Six answers:
kswift25
2006-03-19 13:43:45 UTC
I love Stone Mountain. It is a must see if you are going to be in the area. I love taking my children there for a picnic and there are a ton of activities. You can just tour the park or you can go to the many attractions which include a skylift to the top of the mountain, foam factory, steamboat ride, plantation tours, 4-D theater, and more. If you are into camping or hiking there are nice ammenities to do that as well. Starting April 1 there will be a "Cool Car Show" there which should be fun. You should check it out.
KDawg25
2006-03-19 15:37:49 UTC
It is definitely worth seeing. It is a great activity to make a whole day of. You can hike the mountain or ride the lift to the top. There is a lake there and all sorts of activities. But my favorite part of Stone Mountain is the laser show at night! They only have it in the summer, but it is so much fun. You sit on the grass and they project light images onto the mountain to music. We used to get a bunch of friends together, take a picnic and watch the laser show at least once or twice during the summer. Definitely worth seeing!
kyrtiz88
2006-03-20 17:41:57 UTC
Its definitly worth seeing. I live only a few miles for a day. I see the lights on top of it every morning driving to school (its around 6:15, so its still dark outside). It costs you to get in to the park. Most locals get a pass. You can walk up the mountain at no cost or ride up on a cable car, and that costs a bit of money. Hope this helps.
TINKERTOY ..... the 1 & only
2006-03-17 14:12:43 UTC
I went there a number of years ago. Its a nice park and they actually have a railroad that you can ride around the mountain. It was a nice trip.

I also on one visit walked up, took a while and it was hot, but was something different to do, the walk down was much better.
servantes
2016-11-12 04:31:54 UTC
that is extremely properly worth seeing. that is a outstanding interest to make an complete day of. you should hike the mountain or vacation the upward push to the acceptable. there's a lake there and all sorts of events. yet my common component of Stone Mountain is the laser coach at nighttime! they in situation-loose words have it interior the summer season time, inspite of the actuality that that is plenty exciting. You sit down on the grass and they mission tender pictures onto the mountain to music. We used to get a series of acquaintances jointly, take a picnic and watch the laser coach a minimum of a pair of situations interior the approach the summer season time. actually properly worth seeing!
jazzie082002
2006-03-17 18:58:51 UTC
nope not me.