Question:
Any family friendly Ski resorts, for beginners, within driving distance of Atlanta, GA?
Mex-Irish Family
2006-02-25 16:09:41 UTC
We're looking for a Ski resort to visit first week in April within 300 miles of Atlanta - any recommendations?
Four answers:
artsy5347
2006-02-25 16:10:37 UTC
Maggie Valley, NC and Sky Valley, GA are within 3 hours.
2016-05-20 08:07:48 UTC
If your company is footing the bill, pick Copper Mountain and stay as close as possible. Copper features wide runs, that will allow you to avoid some intermediate skiers with ease. If your company isn't footing the bill, stay at a hotel in Dillon, which is about 15 minutes down the road from Copper. It'll save you a ton of $$$ (though, during ski season... that may not mean much to your wallet!) Have fun!
GrimmyBear
2006-02-25 16:14:25 UTC
I'm from New England is it even possible to ski that far South?? Try Western North Carolina (Boone) or come North we have great snow and many friendly mountains. You won't be disappointed (grab some lobster while U r up here)
cyanne2ak
2006-02-25 16:13:32 UTC
Nope, can't recommend any at all that close to Atlanta. There's one in West Virginia near Pipestem, that is nice, but I haven't been there since I was a kid. I go to Aspen, Colorado to ski.