Question:
Two of my friends might be coming to Atlanta this summer - any idea what we could do?
HungarianJalopy
2006-02-23 20:45:25 UTC
I live near Atlanta and two of my friends from New York could be coming down this summer. We met online, and I've only met one of them once. We're all around sixteen, so I was thinking the Georgia Aquarium and Stone Mountain... Any other ideas?
Four answers:
Mr. Knowledgeable VI
2006-02-24 20:11:09 UTC
Coming from the Atlanta area, I thank you for considering coming this summer to Atlanta, GA – The home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games and the Games of the XXVI Olympiad (Centennial Games). Atlanta is a vibrant city during the summer and although it is hot, there is plenty to do in Atlanta and the Atlanta Metropolitan area which consist of 28 counties. If you come here by airplane to Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, the airport is about is about a half hour away south of Downtown Atlanta. If you come by Amtrak, Brookwood Station is (I believe) in the Buckhead or Brookwood district of Atlanta. If you plan to come to Atlanta by Greyhound, I am not sure where the Greyhound Station is located in Atlanta but I have to assume that the station is somewhere in Downtown Atlanta. If you are driving to Atlanta, the highway in the city does have a lot of traffic, especially in the morning and in the evening. As for public transportation, Atlanta has the MARTA which is a bus and train system that is in Fulton and Dekalb counties. Here are my suggestions for places to visit during the summer in Atlanta.

Attractions

Georgia Aquarium (http://www.georgiaaquarium.org...

World of Coca-Cola (http://www.woccatlanta.com)

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/StudioTour)

Georgia Dome (http://www.gadome.com/tour/overview.html)

High Museum of Art (http://www.high.org)

Stone Mountain Park (in Stone Mountain http://www.stonemountainpark.com)

Martin Luther King Jr. National Historical Site (http://www.nps.gov/malu)

Atlanta Braves (www.atlantabraves.com)

Shopping

Underground Atlanta (http://www.underground-atlanta.com)

Phipps Plaza (http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=210)

Atlantic Station (http://www.atlanticstation.com)

Lenox Square (http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=207)

IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/IkeaNearYouView?storeId=12&langId=-1&catalogId=10103&StoreName=atlanta)

Restaurants

The Varsity (http://www.thevarsity.com)

Hard Rock Café (http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes/Cafes.aspx?Lc=ATLA)

Buckhead

Buckhead is a district of Atlanta that is like New York City. It has great restaurants like Emeril's, The Cheesecake Factory, and Maggiano's and has a variety of places to shop. I am sending you the website of Buckhead district to help you out at http://www.buckhead.net/

I hope that the information in which I have presented is helpful for you. I am sending you some resources listed below in the sources to help you make a choice on if you and your friends want to come to Atlanta this summer and thank you for reading my review.
2006-02-23 20:54:10 UTC
There's always Six Flags...or the Coke museum...or underground Atlanta...plenty.
rusty2spoon
2006-02-25 09:11:24 UTC
you could go 2 the new aquarium, the coke museum, or six flags. those r all pretty popular and i bet a lot of people wud like them, but i dont no how old they r, so it really depends on that.
m3_mY$3Lf_!
2006-02-26 08:38:29 UTC
wow...um..check out all the malls...rid the fur bus...go to Maggianos...go whirly balling...check out all the stuff downtown...go to the Aquarium...