Question:
i wanna go to savanha ga for vacation any suggestions?
kowlpal
2006-02-28 16:57:36 UTC
i wanna go to savanha ga for vacation any suggestions?
Two answers:
KDawg25
2006-03-01 19:59:22 UTC
Are you looking for things to do there or places to eat, anything specific? Any time of year is beautiful in Savannah, but Spring is especially nice. All of the flowers are blooming downtown and it is beautiful. You will want to go shopping on River Street and around the squares. There are several museums downtown as well. If you like art, Savannah College of Art and Design is downtown and has an art museum that is open to the public. You can also take a short drive out to Tybee Island if you enjoy the beach. There is a lighthouse there and all sorts of beach activities. There is an old Civil War fort on the road out to Tybee that you can visit. As far as food goes, some of my favorite restaurants are in Savannah. You should definitely try to go to the Lady and Sons. It is located on Congress Street downtown. It is southern cooking at its best and is owned by Paula Deen (host of Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network). There are plenty of great seafood restaurants in Savannah too. A lot of people like The Crab Shack on the way to Tybee. It has a nice atmosphere, but my favorite for the food is The Shell House. It is off of I-95. In my opinion, the seafood can't be beat. If you are looking for a fancy dinner option, Elizabeth's on 37th is extremely nice and very well known. Another good option is the Pirate's House downtown. Lots of history and great food and atmosphere. You should spend some time in the parks and the ghost tours are supposed to be really cool also. Even if you don't believe in ghosts, Savannah is supposed to be one of the most haunted cities in the US! Be sure to go in River Street Sweets while you are on River Street. They make the best pralines anywhere and have great homemade candies of almost any kind you can think of. Have a great time in this awesome city!
boarder_x20
2006-03-01 20:54:43 UTC
Ya, go during St. Patricks Day! It is the best place in the south. The river is green!